CBSE Sample Papers for Final Board Exams Class 10 Social Science – Paper 1
(For Annual Board Examinations to be held in and after March 2018 and onwards)
Based on the latest syllabus and design of the Question Paper released by the C.B.S.E., New Delhi.
Strictly based on the Remodelled Scheme of Assessment, the Latest Syllabus and Design of the Question Paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
MODEL TEST PAPER 1 (Unsolved)
1.A Which class dominated the Frankfurt Parliament? 
1.B In which year for the first time French troops landed in Vietnam?
2. Who led the peasants in Awadh during the Non-Cooperation Movement? 
3. Khetri mines in Rajasthan is famous for which mineral? 
4. Define strip cropping. 
5. Which are the main oilfields in Gujarat? 
6. Explain the term â€˜Defection’. 
7. Define private sector. 
8.A Who was Count Camilo De Cavour? State any two of his contributions. 
8.B Explain any three impact of Great Depression of the 1930s on Vietnam.
9. Why did Gandhiji call off the Non-Cooperation Movement? 
10. Differentiate between conventional and non-conventional sources of energy. 
11. Explain any three factors that affect the location of industries in a region. 
12. Explain any three major problems faced by Indian Railways. 
13. Explain how Belgium was able to solve her ethnic problems. 
14. Do you think reforms can be forced on political parties by legal actions?
15. Explain three foundational challenges faced by democracy. 
16. In what ways, the Reserve Bank of India supervises the functioning of banks. 
17. Describe three features of a Self-Help Group (SHG). 
18. “The impact of globalisation has not been uniform.”Explain this statement. 
19.A Explain how print culture assisted the growth of nationalism in India. 
19.B Describe the development of novels in South India.
20.A Describe the effects of spread of print culture on poor people in the 19th century India. 
20.B How did novels in India create pan-Indian identity?
21. Give four points of distinction between Rabi and Kharif crops. 
22. How can you say that different tiers of government in India enjoy separate jurisdiction? 
23. What is meant by the term â€˜secularism’? Mention any two provisions of the Indian Constitution which makes India a secular state. 
24. Why has tertiary sector become the target producer in India over the last 30 years? Give four reasons. 
25. Distinguish between organised sector and unorganised sector. 
26. Locate and label the following on the given outline political map of India. 
27. Locate and label the following items on the map. 
(i) The centre of calling off the Non-Cooperation Movement.
(ii) The place where the Indian National Congress Session of September 1920 was held.
28. Locate and label the following items on the map.
(i) Woollen textile – Jamnagar
(ii) Software technology park – NOIDA
(iii) Visakhapatnam seaport
Note : The following questions are for the visually impaired candidates only in lieu of Q. No. 26, 27, and 28. 
(28.1) Where did Gandhiji break the Salt law?
(28.2) In which state is Kheda situated?
(28.3) In which state is Kandla port situated?
(28.4) Where is Meenambakkam International Airport located?
(28.5) Which power plant is located at Neyveli?