CBSE Sample Papers for Final Board Exams Class 10 Social Science – Paper 10
(For Annual Board Examinations to be held in and after March 2018 and onwards)
Based on the latest syllabus and design of the Question Paper released by the C.B.S.E., New Delhi.
Strictly based on the Remodelled Scheme of Assessment, the Latest Syllabus and Design of the Question Paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
MODEL TEST PAPER 10 (Unsolved)
1.A When did the French Revolution start? 
1.B Name the scholar who called the US-Vietnam war â€˜the greatest threat to peace, to national self determination, and to international cooperation.’
2.A When was the new German empire proclaimed? Who was its head? 
2.B Who was made the first chairman of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam?
3. Why is coal mining hazardous? 
4. What is full name of NTPC. 
5. Most of the sugar mills are located in which two states? 
6. Why is there an overwhelming support for the idea of democracy all over the world? 
7. Give any one right of a consumer. 
8.A Explain any three ways in which nationalist feelings were kept alive in Poland in the 18th and 19th centuries. 
8.B Explain any three characteristics of the â€˜Tonkin Free School’ in Vietnam.
9. Explain any three facts about the new economic situation created in India by the First World War. 
10. How is energy an indispensable requirement of our modem life? Explain with three 
11. Why is roadways considered more important than railways in India? 
12. How does textile industry occupy a unique position in Indian economy? Explain. 
13. Explain the chief characteristics of democracy. 
14. Explain the ideological and support base of Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M). 
15. How do democratic governments ensure transparency? Explain. 
16. Describe the advantage of â€˜Self Help Groups’ for the poor. 
17. Explain the terms of credit with example. 
18.“There is a need for rules and regulations to ensure protection for consumers.”Give arguments in support of the statement. 
19.A Explain the effects of the Great Depression of 1929 on the Indian economy. 
19.B Explain the process of industrialisation in Britain during the nineteenth century.
19.C Explain any five sources of entertainment for the common people of London in the 19th Century .
20.A Explain with examples the impact of print culture on Indian women. 
20.B Explain the aspects of Premchand’s writings that make them special.
21. Differentiate between renewable and non-renewable resources of energy. Give five examples. 
22. What is horizontal distribution of power? Explain any two advantages of this form of power sharing. 
23. Elaborate three elements of the Belgian model of power sharing. 
24. Explain any two ways to increase the income and employment in the rural and semi-rural areas. 
25. What is meant by economic development? Describe the two bases of measuring economic development of a country? 
26. Locate and label the following on the given outline political map of India. 
27. Locate and label the following items on the map. 
(i) Nagpur (ii) The place where Complete Independence resolution was passed.
28. Locate and label the following items on the map.
(i) Barauni oil refinery.
(ii) Rawat Bhata : Nuclear Power Station.
(iii) Visvesvarayya Iron and Steel Plant, Bhadravati.
Note : The following questions are for the Blind Candidates only, in lieu of Q. No. 26, 27, & 28. 
(28.1) Violence at which place led to the suspension of the Non-Cooperation Movement?
(28.2) Name the Satyagraha led by Gandhiji in 1918.
(28.3) Name the major seaport in Goa.
(28.4) Name a nuclear power plant in Karnataka.
(28.5) Name a port located on the eastern coast of India.