CBSE Sample Papers for Final Board Exams Class 10 Social Science – Paper 2
(For Annual Board Examinations to be held in and after March 2018 and onwards)
Based on the latest syllabus and design of the Question Paper released by the C.B.S.E., New Delhi…
Strictly based on the Remodelled Scheme of Assessment, the Latest Syllabus and Design of the Question Paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
MODEL TEST PAPER 2 (Unsolved)
1.A Who celebrated the Polish national struggle through his operas and music? 
1.B How many countries comprise the Indo-China?
2.A What happened to the Frankfurt Parliament in the end? 
2.B Who was Paul Bernard?
3. Name the oldest refinery in India. 
4. What is Bangar? 
5. Which water harvesting system is most popular in Meghalaya? 
6. Define a national party. 
7. How does globalisation help? 
8.A What steps did the French revolutionaries take to create a sense of collective identity among the French people? 
8.B Describe the role of women in the Vietnamese struggle during the US intervention.
9. Mention any three efforts made by Gandhiji to get Harijans their rights. 
10. Which are three major forms of coal? Write the main characteristic of each 
11. Mention any two challenges faced by the jute industry in India. State any one step taken by the government to stimulate its demand. 
12. Which are the three important networks of pipeline transportation in the country? 
13. What is a pressure group? Give a few examples. 
14. What is the function of the Opposition Party? 
15. How does democracy produce an accountable, responsive and legitimate government? 
16. Write the functions of money. 
17. How has the Internet helped in globalization? 
18. What is the difference between consumer protection council and consumer court? 
19.A What are MNCs? Describe their functions. 
19.B Why did some industrialists in 19th century in Europe prefer hand labour over machines? Explain.
20.A Describe the relation between â€˜print and dissent’. 
20.B Describe the themes of Thomas Hardy’s novels giving two examples.
21. Explain briefly any four features of intensive subsistence farming in India. 
22. Why does the exact balance of power between the Centre and the State governments vary from one federation to another? Explain with two examples. 
23. Why is it necessary to have secularism in India? 
24. Why is the tertiary sector becoming more important than other sectors in India? Give four reasons. 
25. Explain the rights given under COPRA for the redressal of grievances. 
26. Locate and label the following items on the outline political map of India. 
27. Locate and label the following items on the map. 
28. Locate and label the following items on the map.
(i) Surat – Cotton textile centre
(ii) Hyderabad – Software technology park
Note : The following questions are for the Blind Candidates only, in lieu of Q. No. 26, 27, & 28. 
(28.1) From which place did Gandhiji start his Dandi March?
(28.2) When was the resolution of â€˜Puma Swaraj’ passed?
(28.3) Name an iron and steel plant of Andhra Pradesh.
(28.4) Name the westernmost terminal station of East-West corridor.
(28.5) Name an iron and steel plant in West Bengal.