CBSE Sample Papers for Final Board Exams Class 10 Social Science – Paper 4
(For Annual Board Examinations to be held in and after March 2018 and onwards)
Based on the latest syllabus and design of the Question Paper released by the C.B.S.E., New Delhi…
Strictly based on the Remodelled Scheme of Assessment, the Latest Syllabus and Design of the Question Paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
MODEL TEST PAPER 4 (Unsolved)
1.A Who remarked, â€˜when France Sneezes, the rest of Europe catches cold’? 
1.B In which year the Tonkin Free school was started in Vietnam to provide western education?
2.A What was the nature of Conservative regimes set up in 1815? 
2.B Who was Confucious?
3. What is lignite? 
4. Define hydrological cycle. 
5. Where is the largest steel plant of India located? 
6. What is a multi-partly system? 
7. Define â€˜right to be informed’. 
8.A What was the reaction to the Napoleonic Code? 
8.B Why did French policy-makers want to educate the people of Vietnam? Explain.
9. Why did the industrialists and industrial workers lose interest in the Civil Disobedience Movement? 
10. Explain any three measures for the conservation of minerals. 
11. How do industries create water and noise pollution? Mention their consequences. 
12. Mention any three merits of road transportation with reference to India. 
13. Explain three positive outcomes of democracy. 
14. How do political parties shape public opinion? Explain with three examples. 
15. Describe the major challenges to democracy in India. 
16. Mention three characteristics each of the formal and informal sources of credit in India. 
17. Mention a few factors which cause exploitation of consumers. 
18. Who is a consumer? Explain five duties of a consumer. 
19.A Give two examples from history to show the impact of technology on food availability. 
19.B How did proto-industraialisation lead to Industrial Revolution?
19.C How did Baron Haussmann rebuild Paris?
20.A How did the spread of print culture contribute to the French Revolution? 
20.B â€˜It was with the writing of Premchand that the Hindi novel achieved excellence.’ Elucidate.
21. How has intensive industrialisation put a great pressure on existing fresh water resources in India? Explain with two examples for each. 
22. How can you say that different tiers of government in India enjoy separate jurisdictions? Explain. 
23. State different forms of communal politics with one example each. 
24. What does the history of developed countries indicate about the shifts that have taken place between sectors? 
25. Explain the relative importance of the three sectors of economy. 
26. Locate and label the following items on the given outline political map of India. 
(i) Nagpur (ii) Champaran
27. Locate and label the following items on the map. 
(A) The place where Jaillianwala Bagh incident occurred.
(B) The place where demand for comple independence was made.
28. Locate and label the following items on the map. 
(i) Kaiga Nuclear Power Station.
(ii) Tuticorin seaport.
(iii) Salem Iron and Steel Plant.
Note : The following questions are for the Blind Candidates only, in lieu of Q. No. 26, 27, & 28.
(28.1) Where was the 1929 session of Congress held?
(28.2) Name a thermal power plant in Odisha.
(28.3) Who started Civil Disobedience Movement?
(28.4) Digboi is famous for what?
(28.5) In which state is Bokaro steel plant located?