CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 SA2 Social Science Solved 2016 Set 13
1 Why did Gandhiji begin fast unto death when Dr. B.R. Ambedkar demanded separate electorate for Dalits?
2. What are agglomeration economies?
3. What were the results of the popular struggle of Nepal?
4. What criteria a political party has to satisfy to be recognized as a national party?
5. What does Transparency mean in a democracy?
6 State two secondary functions of money.
7. What is adulteration?
8. State any two functions of WTO.
9.Explain any three reasons for the Greeks to win the Greek war of independence.
Explain any three features of scholars revolt in 1868 in Vietnam.
10. How did the Non-Cooperation Movement spread to the countryside? Explain giving three reasons.
11. Explain any three causes that led the tribals to the revolt in the Gudem Hills of Andhra Pradesh.
12. What is the importance of energy resources? Give two examples each of conventional and non-conventional sources of energy.
13.Why is manufacturing sector considered the backbone of economic development of the country? Explain any three reasons with examples.
14.Write any three characteristics of Kandla seaport.
15.How do the pressure groups and movements exert their influence on politics? Explain any three ways to do so.
16.Do democracies lead to a just distribution of goods and opportunities? Justify your answer with three suitable arguments.
17. Suggest any three broad guidelines that can be kept in mind while devising ways and means for political reforms in India.
18. What are Self Help Groups? Mention any two of its features.
19.Describe any three factors which have enabled globalisation in India.
20. â€˜Exploitation in the market place happens in various ways. Sometimes the traders indulge in unfair trade practices, such as when shopkeeper weigh less than what they should do or when traders add charge that were not mentioned before’. In what other ways are the consumers exploited in the market? What value should we inculcate in this situation?
21.Explain any five ways in which nationalist feelings were kept alive in Poland in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Explain the different visions in opposing foreign domination in Vietnam.
22.Describe the main events leading to Salt March and Civil Disobedience Movement in 1930.
23.Cotton textile industry has close links with agriculture. Explain. Which factors are responsible for the decentralization of cotton textile mills in India?
24.Describe any five features of Indian tourism as a trade.
25.Is the influence of pressure groups and movements healthy in a democracy?
26.“Most destructive feature of democracy is that its examination never gets over.” Support the statement with three appropriate arguments.
2 7. What are MNCs? Explain any three features of MNCs. Name two Indian companies that have emerged as MNCs.
28. Explain any five consumer’s rights as user of goods and services.
29.Three features A, B, and C are marked on the given political map of India. Identify these features with the help of the information provided and write their correct name on the lines marked on the map.
A.Place where Indian National Congress Session was held in 1929.
B. Place where indigo planters started satyagraha.
C. Place where peasants organised satyagraha.
30.On the outline political map of India locate and label the following:
(i) Iron Ore Mines â€” Bailadila
(ii) Software Technology Park â€” Bhubaneshwar
(iii) Major Seaport â€” Marmagao
(Download Questions PDF)