CBSE Class 11 Syllabus for Mutual Fund
Time: 3 Hours, 60 marks
Part â€“ A
Chapter-1: Mutual Funds (5 marks)
- 1.1 Introduction.
- 1.2 Mutual Funds: Structure in India.
- 1.3 Who manages Investor’s Money.
- 1.4 Who is a custodian.
- 1.5 What is the role of the AMC.
- 1.6 What is an NFO.
- 1.7 What is the role of a Registrar and Transfer Agents.
- 1.8 What is the procedure for investing in an NFO.
- 1.9 What are the investor’s rights and obligations.
Chapter-2: Mutual Funds Products and Features â€“ Equity Funds (5 marks)
- 2.1 What are open ended and close ended Funds.
- 2.2 What are Equity Funds.
- 2.3 What is an Index Funds.
- 2.4 What are diversified Large Cap Funds.
- 2.5 What are Midcap Funds.
- 2.6 What are Sectoral Funds.
- 2.7 Other Equity Schemes.
- 2.8 What is an Entry Load.
- 2.9 What is Expense Ratio.
- 2.10 What is Portfolio Turnover
- 2.11 How does AUM affect Portfolio Turnover.
- 2.12 How to analyse cash level in Portfolios.
- 2.13 What are Exit Loads.
Chapter-3: Gold ETFs ( 4 marks)
- 3.1 Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds.
- 3.2 Salient Features.
- 3.3 Working.
- 3.4 Market Making by APs.
- 3.5 Creation Units, Portfolio Deposit and cash component (An example).
Chapter-4: Debt Funds (3 marks)
- 4.1 Salient Features.
- 4.2 What is interest rate risk.
- 4.3 What is credit risk.
- 4.4 How is a Debt instrument priced.
Chapter-5: Liquid Funds (3 marks)
- 5.1 Salient Features.
- 5.2 Floating Rate Scheme.
- 5.3 What is portfolio churning in liquid funds.
Chapter-6: Taxation (2 marks)
- 6.1 Capital Gains Taxation.
- 6.2 Indexation Benefit.
- 6.3 Why FMPs are popular.
Chapter-7: Regulations (4 marks)
- 7.1 Overview.
- 7.2 What is the name of industry association for the mutual fund industry.
- 7.3 What are the objectives of AMFI.
- 7.4 Advantages of Mutual Funds.
- 7.5 What is a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP).
- 7.6 What is a Systematic Transfer Plan (STP).
- 7.7 What is Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP).
- 7.8 Choosing between dividend payout, dividend re-investment and growth options â€“ which one is better for the investor.
Part â€“ B
Chapter-1: Mutual Funds in Perspective (3 marks)
- 1.1 Mutual Funds.
- 1.2 Portfolio Management Schemes (PMS).
- 1.3 Hedge Funds.
- 1.4 Venture Capital Funds & Private Equity Funds.
Chapter-2: Investments by Mutual Fund Schemes Equity 4 marks
- 2.1 Equity.
- 2.2 Debt.
- 2.3 Derivatives.
- 2.4 Gold.
- 2.5 Real Estate.
- 2.6 International Investments.
Chapter-3: Valuation of Investments by Mutual Fund Schemes Equity (3 marks)
- 3.1 Equity.
- 3.2 Debt.
- 3.3 Gold.
- 3.4 Real Estate.
Chapter-4: Mutual Fund Accounting (3 marks)
- 4.1 Accounting for Income, Gains & Losses from Investments.
- 4.2 Accounting for Expenses.
- 4.3 Determining the NAV.
- 4.4 Accounting for Load.
- 4.5 Distributable Reserves.
Chapter-5: Novel Portfolio Structures in Mutual Fund Schemes (4 marks)
- 5.1 Index Funds.
- 5.2 Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
- 5.3 Arbitrage Funds.
- 5.4 Monthly Income Plans (MIP).
- 5.5 Fix Maturity Plans (FMP).
- 5.6 Capital Protection Oriented Schemes.
Chapter-6: Quantitative Evaluation of Mutual Fund Schemes (3 marks)
- 6.1 Returns.
- 6.2 Risk.
- 6.3 Risk Adjusted Returns.
Chapter-7: Cut-off Time Regularations & Time Stamping (3 marks)
- 7.1 Cut off Timing.
- 7.2 Official Points of Acceptance (POA).
- 7.3 Time Stamping Requirements.
Chapter-8: Investment in Mutual Funds through NSE( 2 marks)
- 8.1 Listed Schemes.
- 8.2 Exchange trade Funds (ETFs).
- 8.3 Mutual Find Service System (MFSS).
Chapter-9: Non-Residential Investment in Indian MF Schemes (2 marks)
- 9.1 Investment by NRIs/PIOs.
- 9.2 Investment by Foreign Institutional Investors.
- 9.3 Investment by Qualified Foreign Investors.
Chapter-10: Investment by Indians in International MF Schemes (3 marks)
- 10.1 Foreign Direct Investment and Portfolio Investment.
- 10.2 Investing in International Mutual Fund Schemes.
- 10.3 Why invest abroad.
- 10.4 International Fund of Funds.
Chapter-11: Mutual Fund Taxation (2 marks)
- 11.1 Mutual Fund Tax Provisions.
- 11.2 Compounding Wealth, Gross of Tax.
- 11.3 Dividend Payout and Growth Options within Schemes.
- 11.4 Double Indexation.
- 11.5 Setting of & Carry Forward of Losses.
- 11.6 Dividend Stripping.
Chapter-12: SID, SAI, KIM & Fact Sheets (2 marks)
- 12.1 Scheme Information Document (SID).
- 12.2 Statement of Additional Information (SAI).
- 12.3 Key Information Memorandum (KIM).
- 12.4 Fund Account Statements / Consolidated Statement of Accounts.
- 12.5 Fact Sheets.
LIST OF PRACTICAL SUBJECTS
- Numeric Speed Accelerator (NSA)
- Function Key Accelerator (FKA)
- Trading Skill Accelerator (TSA)
- Now Simulation Mutual Fund Service System (NSM)
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS AND SOFTWARE
- Manual for Various Software / Assorted Reference Books.
- Demonstration Stand.
- Computer Consumable Stationery.
- LCD Projector.
- NSE â€“ NLT Module.