Math Olympiad Questions with solutions : Fractions Class 6
1.The daily consumption of milk in a family is 3 1/4 litres. The quantity of milk consumed by the family during the month of september is
(A) 90 litres (B) 100 1/2 (c) 97 1/2 (D) 97 2/3
2. In Rajeev’s rose garden, 3/12 are white roses, 4/12 are yellow roses and the rest are red roses. What fraction of the roses are red ?
(A) 1/12 (B) 5/12 (C) 3/12 (D) 4/12
3. Three equivalent fractions of 2/3 are____________.
(A) 2/6, 3/6, 4/12 (B) 4/6, 6/9, 8/12 (C) 3/6, 7/6, 8/12 (D) 4/6, 8/6, 3/6
4. My elder sister divided a watermelon into 18 parts. I ate 7 out of them. My friend ate 4. What fraction of watermelon remained ?
5.In which figure does the shaded part represents 1/3 ?
6.The models are shaded to show which of the following ?
13.A small tank is 2/5 full of water. The water is then poured into a large empty tank which has a capacity that is twice that of the small tank. What fraction of the large tank is filled with water?
15.Which of the following orders are the fractions from the smallest to the largest ?
16. In which of the following does the shaded part represent one third of its whole ?
19. Which of the following is true for the shaded parts of models shown?
20.How many more equal-sized pieces would you need to make a whole for figure?
(A)1 (B) 2 (C) 4 (D) 6
21.Aman had 128 trading cards. He gave 3/8 of his cards to Mohit and 1/4 of his cards to Kushal. How many cards did he give away altogether?
(A) 50 (B) 65 (C) 80 (D) 75
DIRECTION (23-24) : Look at the alphabets given below and answer the questions.
K E S H A V
23. What fraction of alphabets are made of 3 straight lines ?
24. What fraction of alphabets are made of curved lines ?
25. What fraction of one metre is 10 cm ?
26. Which of the following expressions is correct ?
27.Write the equivalent fractions represented by the shaded portions of these figures.
28.Reena eats one full bar of chocolate. Then she divides another one into 5 equal parts and eats 3 of those parts. The total number of chocolates that she has eaten in fraction is
Comments by Paras