CBSE Sample Papers for Final Board Exams Class 9 Social Science – Paper 5
(For Annual Examination to be held in and after March 2018 and onwards) Based on the latest syllabi and Design of the Question Paper released by the C.B.S.E New Delhi
Strictly based on the Latest Scheme Of Assessement, the latest Syllabus and Design of the Question paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
MODEL TEST PAPER 5 (Unsolved)
1. Who bore the burden of taxation during the â€˜Old Regime’ in France? 
2. Name two victorious powers after the Second World War. 
3. What is an water divide? 
4. Define â€˜Dendritic pattern’ of drainage. 
5. What is a Terai region? 
6. Who played a decisive role in the integration of the princely states into India? 
7. What is Birth Rate? 
8. Describe the incident known as â€˜Bloody Sunday’. 
9. Describe what happened to Germany after her defeat in the First World War. 
10. Why is the difference in the duration of day and night very little in Kanyakumari compared to the northern part of the country? Give specific reasons. 
11. Distinguish between the Western Ghats and Eastern Ghats. 
12. Where would you find the most volcanoes and earthquake zones in the world? Why? 
13. Why has India never had a famine of the level which occurred in China during 1958-61? 
14. Explain the guiding values of the Indian Constitution. 
15. Explain any three minimum conditions of a democratic election. 
16. Is it important to increase the area under irrigation? Why? 
17. Discuss the employment scenario in the three sectors of Indian economy. 
18. Throw light on the problems of educated employment in India. 
19A. Explain the impact of the two world wars on forests in India and Indonesia. 
19B. Who were the Banjaras? How was their life different from that of the Raikas?
19C. Describe three reasons why were the indian cultuvators unwilling to turn their fields over to poppy?
20A. Explain shifting cultivation giving examples. 
20B. Describe the lifestyle and activities of the Gujjar Bakarwals of j & k
20C. Why did the British parliament pass 4000 Enclosure Acts? Whom did they benefit? How?
21. Why is agriculture considered a seasonal activity? Describe the employment scenario in agriculture and allied activities. 
22. Describe the powers of the Supreme Court of India. 
23. Explain the various aspects of Freedom of speech and expression. 
24. Explain the role of cooperatives in providing food and related items. 
25. Distinguish between Tropical Evergreen Forests and Deciduous Forests. Give suitable examples. 
26.Locate and label the following on the given outline map of France. 
(i) Bordeaux (ii) Paris
27. Locate and label the following on the given outline map of world. 
(i) Territories under Nazi power
(ii) Italy (An Axis power)
28. Three features A, B and C are marked on the given outline political map of India. Identify these features with the help of the given information and write their correct names on the map. 
(A) â€” A vegetation type
(B) â€” An area receiving less than 20 cm rainfall.
(C) â€” A lake
Note : The following questions are for the Blind Candidates only, in lieu of Q. No. 26, 27, & 28. 
(28.1) Why is Bordeaux famous in French history?
(28.2) Name an Axis Power.
(28.3) Name an area of Evergreen Forests in India.
(28.4) Name a region receiving less than 20 cm annual rainfall in India.
(28.5) In which state is Sambhar Salt Lake situated?