CBSE Sample Papers for Final Board Exams Class 9 Social Science – Paper 8
(For Annual Examination to be held in and after March 2018 and onwards) Based on the latest syllabi and Design of the Question Paper released by the C.B.S.E New Delhi
Strictly based on the Latest Scheme Of Assessement, the latest Syllabus and Design of the Question paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
MODEL TEST PAPER 8 (Unsolved)
1. Who wrote the pamphlet called â€˜What is the Third Estate’? 
2. Define â€˜Holocaust’. 
3. Which city is located on the water divide between the Indus and the Ganga river systems? 
4. What is a drainage basin? 
5. What is the name given to western coastal strip south of Goa? 
6. When was the Constitution of India enforced? 
7. Give two examples of Secondary Activities. 
8. Describe the contribution of French philosophers towards the French Revolution. 
9. Why was Nazism considered a calamity not only for Germany but for the entire Europe? 
10. What do you know about the coastal plains? 
11. Mention three points of difference between converging and diverging tectonic plates. 
12. Mention three important features of the Himalayan rivers. 
13. Mention the general criticism of democracy by various scholars. Give any three points. 
14. What do you understand by secularism? Why is India called a secular country? 
15. â€˜Democracy is based on consultation and discussion.’ Explain. 
16. Describe any three main features of the Green Revolution. 
17. What part does health play in an individual’s working life? Discuss. 
18. How did the 10th Five year plan lay emphasis on higher education? Explain. 
19A. Who was Dietrich Brandis? What changes did he bring in forest management in colonial India? 
19B. Give four reasons for loss of pasture by the Maasais of Africa.
19C. Explain any four benefits of the Enclosure Movement for England.
20A. How are forests affected by wars? Explain. 
20B. Why and how did the Maasai community lose their grazing grounds?
20C. Explain the consequences of westard expansion of settlers in the USA?
21. Write a short note on the flora and fauna of India. 
22. Compare and contrast between political and permanent executive of the country giving examples. 
23. Explain the importance of Right to Constitutional Remedies. 
24. Describe the measures taken by the government in providing food 
25. â€˜A section of people in India are still without food.’ Explain. 
26. Locate and label the following on the given outline map of France. 
(i) Marseilles (ii) Bordeaux
27. Locate and label the following on the given outline map of world. 
(i) Japan â€” (Major Axis Power)
(ii) France (Major Allied Power)
28. Three features A, B and C are marked on the given outline political map of India. Identify these features with the help of the given information and write their names on the map. 
(A) â€” A mountain
(B) â€” A river
(C) â€” Area receiving less than 20 cm rainfall.
Note : The following questions are for the Blind Candidates only, in lieu of Q. No. 26, 27, & 28. 
(28.1) Why is Bordeaux famous in history of France?
(28.2) Why is Marseilles famous in history of France?
(28.3) Where is Mountain K2 located?
(28.4) Where does Mahanadi river originate?
(28.5) Name an area in north India receiving less than 20 cm annual rainfall.