CBSE Sample Papers for Final Board Exams Class 9 Social Science – Paper 9
(For Annual Examination to be held in and after March 2018 and onwards) Based on the latest syllabi and Design of the Question Paper released by the C.B.S.E New Delhi
Strictly based on the Latest Scheme Of Assessement, the latest Syllabus and Design of the Question paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
MODEL TEST PAPER 9 (Unsolved)
1. When was France declared a republic? 
2. Which class of people seized power in France after the fall of the Jacobin government? 
3. Which rivers make the Sunderbans delta? 
4. What is Bundelkhand and Baghelkhand? 
5. What is Deccan Trap? 
6. Name the only Asian country which is a permanent member of the Security Council. 
7. Name one Kharif and one Rabi crop. 
8. Mention any three important effects of the Russian Revolution on Russia. 
9. Make a comparison between Nazi ideology and Hitler’s world view. 
10. Discuss the significance of India’s geographic location. 
11. Why is Northern Plain called the granary of India? 
12. Describe briefly the formation of the Himalayas. 
13. Do you agree with the view that democracy is the best government to resolve differences and conflicts? How? 
14. Do you think Indian Constitution is rigid or flexible or both? Give suitable arguments. 
15. Mention three arguments in power of democracy. 
16. Highlight the relation between unemployment and economy of a country. 
17. Explain how modem farming is dependent on industry. 
18. â€˜Unemployment is an economic as well as a social evil.’ Comment. 
19A. Describe the reasons for the forest rebellion in Bastar in 1919. How did the British react to the rebellion? 
19B. â€˜British officials were suspicious of nomadic people.’ Why? What steps did the British take to make these tribes law abiding?
19C. What lessons do you leam from the conversion of the countryside in the USA from a bread basket to a dust bowl?
20A. How did hunting of big game became a sport in India? 
20B. How did the pastoralists cope with changes?
20C. â€˜From the late 19th century, there was a dramatic expansion of wheat production in the USA.’ Explain.
21. Describe the major natural vegetation types and mention all major plants and animal found in these regions. 
22. How is a major policy decision taken by the Union government? Explain with the help of an example. 
23. Mention the rights guaranteed to its citizens by the Constitution of South Africa. 
24. Describe various activities undertaken in the three sectors of economy. 
25. What is food security? How is food security affected during a calamity? 
26. Two features A and B are marked on the given outline map of France. Identify these features with the help of the given information and write their correct names on the map. 
(A) An epicentre of the French Revolution.
(B) A port city in France famous for slave trade.
27. Locate and label the following on the given outline map of world. 
(i) Italy â€” An Axis Power
(ii) USSR â€” An Allied Power during the Second World War.
28. Locate and label the following on the given outline political map of India.
(i) Malabar Coast
(ii) Simplipal National Park
(iii) Anaimudi Mountain
Note : The following questions are for the Blind Candidates only, in lieu of Q. No. 26, 27, & 28. 
(28.1) Name a city which was the epicentre of the French Revolution.
(28.2) Name a port city in France famous for slave trade.
(28.3) Where is Malabar Coast located?
(28.4) In which state is Simplipal National Park located?
(28.5) Name the highest peak in the Western Ghats.