CBSE Sample Papers for Class 9 SA2 Social Science Solved 2016 Set 5
1.Why were railways essential for the colonial government ? Give two reasons.
Who are nomads ?
Who was Captain Swing ?
2.Give two reasons responsible for unfavourable sex-ratio.
3.What is the importance of electoral competition ?
4.Name any two institutions responsible to run the democratic government in India.
5.Mention any two freedoms provided under Right to Freedom.
6.How is the poverty line estimated periodically ? Name an organisation which is responsible for estimating poverty.
7.Name the policy through which a differential price policy was adopted for the poor and the non-poor. 8.Mention any two factors responsible for seasonal hunger.
9.â€˜The introduction of railways had an adverse impact on the forests’. Justify by giving examples.
Mention any three reasons to explain why the cattle stock of the Maasai decreased under colonial rule.
Why were Indian farmers not ready to cultivate opium ? Explain.
10. Explain briefly the factors which led to the enclosures in England.
Why did the British introduce Waste Land Rules ? How did they affect the pastoralists ?
Explain what is shifting cultivation. Why did European foresters regard this practice as harmful for forests ?
11. Why did Mahatma Gandhi condemn the Pentangular Tournament ?
What was the main objective of the Sumptuary Laws ? Mention any two restrictions imposed under these laws.
12. What are jet streams ? How do jet streams influence on the climate of India
13. Every species has a role to play in the ecosystem. Explain.
14. â€˜Migration is an important determinant of population change’. Explain.
15. â€˜The Right to Freedom is actually a cluster of several rights’. Mention any three.
16. What is public interest litigation ? What is its importance ?
17. Mention any three factors which make the elections democratic.
18. What are the features of NREGA ? Mention any three.
19. Distinguish between seasonal hunger and chronic hunger.
20. What is food security ? Explain the major dimensions of food security ?
21. How was commercialisation of agriculture responsible for deforestation under the colonial period ?
“The Pastoral groups were sustained by a careful consideration of a host of factors”. Explain these factors.
What was Dust Bowl Tragedy ? What were the factors which led to dust bowl tragedy of 1930’s ? Explain.
22. What changes were brought by Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) in cricket laws in the later half of the 18th century ?
How was the Swadeshi Movement in Bengal linked to the politics of clothing ?
23. Mention any four features of the hot weather season of India.
24. Mention any five characteristics of the thorn forest.
25. What is an election ? Discuss the importance of elections in a democracy.
26. Explain the major powers and functions of the Prime Minister. 5
27. Question Based on OTBA.
28. Question Based on OTBA.
Note: The student has to attempt any one map question from question numbers 29.1, 29.2 and 29.3. Question no. 30 is compulsory. The maps are attached with the question paper.
29.1 On the given outline map of India locate and work : 3
- A place where a forest rebellion took place in 1905
- Region related to Baiga forest tribes.
- Bastar in Chhattisgarh
29.2 On the given outline map of India mark the following:
- A pastoralist community of Himachal Pradesh.
- A pastoralist community of North East.
29.3 On the given outline map of America locate and mark –
(1) A region affected by the Dust Bowl tragedy
(2) A region not affected by Dust Bowl tragedy
(3) Cotton belt
30.1 Two features – A and B are shown in the outline political map of India. Identify these features with the help of following information and write their correct names on the lines marked in the map.
A – National Park
B – A type of vegetation
30.2 Locate and label the following items on the same map of India with appropriate symbols.
Thiruvananthapuram Meteorological Station
(Download Questions PDF)