CBSE Sample Papers for Post-Mid Term Exam Class 9 Social Science – Paper 2
Sample Paper 2
Strictly based on the Latest Scheme Of Assessement, the latest Syllabus and Design of the Question paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
1.A. Who was Gunda Dhur? 
1.B. Where did the community of Raikas live?
1.C. Who was Captain Swing?
2. Which tree is used for treating blood pressure? 
3. Name one state having mangrove forests. 
4. Which state has the lowest sex ratio (as per 2011 Census)? 
5. Which state has the highest density of population? (as per 2011 Census) 
6. Who appoints the judges of the Supreme Court? 
7. Why is agriculture a seasonal activity? 
8.A. Why did the British introduce Wasteland Rules? How did they affect the pastoralists? 
8.B. Describe how the Chinese became addicted to opium in the 19th century.
8.C. Give three reasons to explain deforestation in India during the colonial rule.
9. What conditions led to the Russian Civil War in 1918-20? 
10. How did Hitler destroy democracy in Germany? Explain. 
11. Describe the theory of Plate Tectonics. 
12. Describe any three features of thorn forests. 
13. Describe any three powers of the Prime Minister. 
14. Why do we need rights in a democracy? 
15. What were the difficulties faced during the making of our Constitution? 
16. How will you explain the term â€˜employment’? 
17. Why is buffer stock created by the government? 
18. Point out the major defects of India’s food security system. 
19.A. Discuss the rise of commercial forestry under the colonial government. 
19.B. Who are Gujjar Bakarwals and Gaddis? What are the similarities between them?
19.C. Why were the farmers of Bengal unwilling to grow opium in their farms?
20. “The seeds of the Second World War were sown in the Treaty of Versailles.”
21. Describe how rainfall and relief influence the vegetation of an area. 
22. How does the Parliament exercise political authority? Explain. 
23. Discuss the provisions included in the Right against Exploitation. 
24. What has government done to provide food security for the poor? Discuss any two schemes launched by the government. 
25. Explain various strategies made by Government to solve the problem of unemployment in India. 
26. Locate and label the following on the same outline political map of India. [ ½ + ½ = 1]
(i) Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary
(ii) Dachigam Wildlife Sanctuary
27. Locate and label the following on the given outline political map of India. [ ½ + ½ = 1]
(i) Largest state according to area.
(ii) Smallest state according to area.
28. Three features A, B and C are marked on the given outline political map of India. Identify these features with the help of the given information and write their correct names on the map. 
(A) â€” A natural vegetation
(B)â€” A natural vegetation
(C) â€” A natural vegetation
Note : The following questions are for the blind candidates only in lieu of question numbers 26, 27 and 28. 
(28.1) Where is Dachigam Wildlife Sanctuary located?
(28.2) Where is Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary located?
(28.3) Name the state having the highest density of population.
(28.4) Name the state having the lowest sex ratio.
(28.5) Name the smallest state according to area.