CBSE Sample Papers for Mid Term Exam Class 9 Social Science – Paper 2
Strictly based on the s Latest Scheme Of Assessement, the latest Syllabus and Design of the Question paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
Sample Paper 2
1. What happened on Bloody Sunday? 
2. Who wrote â€˜Mein Kampf’? 
3. Which place is located on the water divide between the Indus and the Ganga river systems? 
4. In which state is Sambhar Lake situated? 
5. Kal Baisakhi is associated with which state? 
6. What is the minimum age for voters in India? 
7. In which state have the land reform measures helped to reduce poverty? 
8. Mention the important steps taken by Lenin to improve the agriculture and economy of Russia. 
9. What role did the Nazi state impose on women? 
10. Describe the three main features of Narmada Basin. 
11. What is a lagoon? How does it differ from a lake? 
12. Explain how monsoon acts as a unifying bond in the country. 
13. Discuss the importance of elections in a democracy. 
14. Discuss the importance of an election manifesto. 
15. State the steps involved in the framing of Indian Constitution. 
16. How is the regular growth of population one of the major causes of poverty? 
17. Discuss any three government programmes for poverty alleviation. 
18. Explain three ways in which poverty can be estimated in India. 
19. In what circumstances did the French Revolution start? Discuss. 
20. Give reasons why the Weimar Republic failed to solve the problems of Germany. 
21. How were the Great Northern Plains of India formed? Describe briefly. 
22. “Democracy enhances the dignity of citizens.”Justify this statement. 
23. What is the Preamble? Explain any three guiding principles explained in the Preamble of India. 
24. Is it necessary to check population growth? Why? Why not? 
25. What are the main features of poverty in India? 
26. Locate and label the following on the given outline map of France. [ ½ + ½ = 1]
27. Locate and label the following on the given outline map of the world. [ ½ + ½= 1]
(i) Japan â€” Major Axis Power.
(ii) France â€” Major Allied Power.
28. Locate and label the following on the given outline political map of India.
Note : The following questions are for the blind candidates only in lieu of question numbers 26, 27 and 28. 
(28.1) Name an epicentre of the French Revolution.
(28.2) Name any two Axis Powers during Second World War.
(28.3) Name the longest river of Odisha.
(28.4) Where is Chilika Lake situated?
(28.5) Name any two peninsular rivers.