AP SSC 10th class General Science Model paper 2015-16 English Medium Set 9
Group – A
1.Write the differences between evaporation and boiling ?
2.Do you know the reason for appearance the red colour of sun during sunrise and at sunset ?
3.What are the conditions for total internal reflection ?
4.The value of magnetic field induction which is uniform is 2T. What is the flux passing through a surface area 1.5 m2 perpendicular to the field ?
Group – B
5.Write the importance of pH in our digestive system ?
6.How does metallic character change when we move .
a) down a group ? b) across a period ?
7.Write down the characteristics of the element having atomic number 7 ?
a) Period number
b) Group number
c) Element family ‘
d) of valency electrons
8. Appreciate the roll of catenation in the versatile nature of carbon ?
9. Why do we get dew on the surface of a cold soft drink bottle kept in open air ?
10. What is the I2 value in the given circuit ?
11. Are the magnetic field lines closed ? Explain.
12. Give four examples of salts of chloride family ?
13. Fresh milk has a pH of 6. What happens to pH if it turns to curd ? Give reason.
14. How do you appreciate the markings (writings) of a pencil on a paper ?
15. Answer these
a) How much energy is transferred when 1 gm. of boiling water at 100 °C condenses to water at 100 °C ?
b) How much energy is transferred when 1 gm. of boiling water at 100 °C cools to water at 0 ° ?
c) How much energy is released or absorbed when 1 gm of water at 0 °C freezes to ice at 0 °C ?
d) How much energy is released or absorbed when 1 gm. of steam at 100 °C turns to ice at 0 °C ?
16. A double covex lens nas two surfaces of equal radii â€˜R’ and refractive index n = 1.5. Find the focal length ? .
17. How does a battery work ? Explain.
18. How do you appreciate Faraday’s Law which is the consequence of conservation of energy ?
19. Explain the rules to be followed for writing the electronic configuration of element having more than one electron ?
20. A chemical compound has the following Lewis notation.
- How many valence electrons done element â€˜Y’ have ?
- What is the valency of element â€˜Y’ ?
- What is the valency of element â€˜X’ ?
- How many covalent bonds are there in the molecule ?
- Suggest a name for the elements X and Y.
21. Explain the methods in the purification of the crude metal ?
22. Write short notes on each of the following a) Nanotubes b) Graphene
23. Draw a ray diagrams for the correction of Myopia and Hypermetropia ?
24. Draw a neat diagram of electrolysis of water and label the parts.
(Download Questions PDF)