When The Earth Shook! – CBSE Notes for Class 5 EVS
• Earthquake: A sudden violent shaking of the ground. It is caused by movements of the earth’s crust and also by volcanic eruptions.
• Trembling: Shaking uncontrollably as a result of anxiety, excitement or weakness.
• Scientist: A specialist of science.
• Engineer: A specialist in engineering or the person who controls or maintains an engine or machine.
• Architect: A person who specialists in designing buildings and its constructions.
• Rescue: To save or to release from a dangerous situation.
• Flood: An overflow of a large amount of water over the land.
• Cyclone: A violent storm.
• Drought: A prolonged period of little or no rain.
• Famine: Extreme shortage of food.